We hope that MAD will be able to finally reopen on May 17th. In anticipation of this, we are now offering prepaid tickets for the following dates:
Saturday 22nd & Sunday 23rd May
Saturday 29th May - Sunday 6th June inclusive
Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th June
Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th June
Saturday 26th & Sunday 27th June
Pre-booking is NOT necessary for weekday visits (other than 31st May - 4th June), you will be able to turn up at MAD without a pre-booked ticket, although please note that due to Covid concerns, at busy times you may be asked to wait until it is safe to admit you and your party. We may also need to close the museum at certain times due to the presence of school group visits. We will ensure that we update our opening times as necessary so that you are able to plan your visit accordingly.
Please click the button below to book your trip now.
Blue Peter Badge Holder
Must be accompanied by a paying adult. Valid ID and badge required on arrival.
Stay Play Explore Break Scheme
These tickets are for visitors staying on a Stay Play Explore break only. Enter the amount of tickets as shown on the voucher. Valid Stay Play Explore voucher must be presented on arrival for redemption.
If you have Tesco vouchers please email email@example.com stating which tickets you need and the total amount of the Tesco vouchers. We will then send you a code so you can book tickets on the website. Or you can telephone the museum 01789269356 between 10am-5pm to book your tickets. Please bring your vouchers with you on the day so they can be redeemed.
Carers are entitled to a free visit if they are accompanying a visitor with disabilities. You may be asked to show your documentation to a member of our reception team on arrival. Accepted documents are as follows:
- Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance award letter (dated within the last 2 years).
- Personal Independence Payment letter (dated within the last 2 years).
- A current and valid Blue Badge.
- Letter from GP or consultant (dated within the last 2 years) confirming the need for a full-time carer. This does not need to be a letter of diagnosis.
If you have received a gift ticket before March 2021 there has been some changes to the ticket system. This means that some vouchers may need updating so if you have any issues booking tickets please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your promo code and the type of ticket and amount you have and we will update the system.
Admission into MAD
- We ask you to please postpone your visit if you or anyone else at home have been recently experiencing symptoms of COVID19, have tested positive, or have been asked to self isolate.
- As per the latest Government guidelines, all visitors are now obligated to wear a face mask inside the museum.
- We have replaced all of the push buttons used to operate the exhibits with motion activated equivalents. Simply wave your hand in front of the button, when it changes colour from red to green, you’ve activated the exhibit. This way, you shouldn’t need to touch anything at all on your way around the museum.
- The average visiting time is approximately 1 – 1.5 hours. Due to the COVID situation, we can only admit customers who are waiting into the museum when it is safe to do so, in terms of the numbers of people already present. Therefore, we would greatly appreciate it if you could please keep an eye on the time that you have already spent in MAD and try to keep your visit to a reasonable length. This will allow everyone, including those waiting to be admitted, to enjoy the museum. If a situation arises where the museum is deemed to be at risk of over crowding, we may ask you to restrict the length of your visit. Thank you for understanding.
- We have had to temporarily replace certain displays due to them presenting a higher risk of Coronavirus transmission. The interactive marble wall and the Cuboro building block table are not in use but we have worked hard to replace these with several exciting exhibits, including a brand new 5ft mechanical spider and two fantastic new works of automata!
- We have foot operated hand sanitiser stations and other sanitisers at various locations around the museum. Please use them, particularly upon entry to MAD.
- Please be considerate of other visitors who may be making their way around at a different pace to you. Should you need to overtake somebody, please try to respect social distancing guidelines as much you possibly can.
- There is a toilet available for use in the museum.