We are now offering prepaid tickets for the following dates:
Warwickshire Christmas Holiday: Saturday 18th December - Monday 3rd January 2022
Pre-booking for these dates is strongly advised in order to guarantee entry into MAD, as we are continuing to restrict admission numbers due to the ongoing Covid situation.
Pre-booking is NOT necessary for weekday visits outside of school holiday periods, you will be able to turn up at MAD without a pre-booked ticket, although please note that due to Covid concerns, at busy times you may be asked to wait until it is safe to admit you and your party.
Please click the button below to book your trip now.
Stay Play Explore Break Scheme
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of the tickets from Stay Play Explore. We will then send you a code so you can book tickets on the website. Please bring your STAY PLAY EXPLORE tickets with you on the day so they can be redeemed.
Tesco Vouchers (Applies to pre-booked days only)
If you have Tesco vouchers please email email@example.com stating which tickets you need, the voucher code and the total amount of the Tesco vouchers. We will then send you a code so you can book tickets on the website. Or you can telephone the museum 01789269356 between 10am-5pm to book your tickets. Please bring your vouchers with you on the day so they can be redeemed.
Carers are entitled to a free visit if they are accompanying a visitor with disabilities. You may be asked to show your documentation to a member of our reception team on arrival. Accepted documents are as follows:
- Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance award letter (dated within the last 2 years).
- Personal Independence Payment letter (dated within the last 2 years).
- A current and valid Blue Badge.
- Letter from GP or consultant (dated within the last 2 years) confirming the need for a full-time carer. This does not need to be a letter of diagnosis.
If you have received a gift ticket before March 2021 there has been some changes to the ticket system. This means that some vouchers may need updating so if you have any issues booking tickets please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your promo code and the type of ticket and amount you have and we will update the system.
Admission into MAD
- We ask you to please postpone your visit if you or anyone else at home have been recently experiencing symptoms of COVID19, have tested positive, or have been asked to self isolate.
- As per the latest Government guidelines, masks are now optional but advised in crowded and small spaces.
- We have replaced all of the push buttons used to operate the exhibits with motion activated equivalents. Simply wave your hand in front of the button, when it changes colour from blue to green, you’ve activated the exhibit. This way, you shouldn’t need to touch anything at all on your way around the museum.
- The average visiting time is approximately 1 – 1.5 hours. Due to the COVID situation, when tickets are not pre-booked we can only admit customers who are waiting into the museum when it is safe to do so, in terms of the numbers of people already present. Therefore, we would greatly appreciate it if you could please keep an eye on the time that you have already spent in MAD and try to keep your visit to a reasonable length. This will allow everyone, including those waiting to be admitted, to enjoy the museum. If a situation arises where the museum is deemed to be at risk of over crowding, we may ask you to restrict the length of your visit. Thank you for understanding.
- We have foot operated hand sanitiser stations and other sanitisers at various locations around the museum. Please use them, particularly upon entry to MAD.
- Please be considerate of other visitors who may be making their way around at a different pace to you. Should you need to overtake somebody, please try to respect social distancing guidelines as much you possibly can.
- There are toilets available for use in the museum.