MAD remains closed for the time being due to the Tier 3 status that affects Stratford-Upon-Avon and the wider Warwickshire area. This status is due to be reviewed by Government on December 16th, so we will be able to provide a further update when that time comes.
Admission into MAD
- We ask you to please postpone your visit if you or anyone else at home have been recently experiencing symptoms of COVID19.
- As per the latest Government guidelines, all visitors are now obligated to wear a face mask inside the museum.
- We have replaced all of the push buttons used to operate the exhibits with motion activated equivalents. Simply wave your hand in front of the button, when it changes colour from red to green, you’ve activated the exhibit. This way, you shouldn’t need to touch anything at all on your way around the museum.
- The average visiting time is approximately 1 – 1.5 hours. Due to the COVID situation, we can only admit customers who are waiting into the museum when it is safe to do so, in terms of the numbers of people already present. Therefore, we would greatly appreciate it if you could please keep an eye on the time that you have already spent in MAD and try to keep your visit to a reasonable length. This will allow everyone, including those waiting to be admitted, to enjoy the museum. If a situation arises where the museum is deemed to be at risk of over crowding, we may ask you to restrict the length of your visit. Thank you for understanding.
- We have had to temporarily replace certain displays due to them presenting a higher risk of Coronavirus transmission. The interactive marble wall and the Cuboro building block table are not in use but we have worked hard to replace these with several exciting exhibits, including a brand new 5ft mechanical spider and two fantastic new works of automata!
- We have foot operated hand sanitiser stations and other sanitisers at various locations around the museum. Please use them, particularly upon entry to MAD.
- Please follow the one-way system around the museum, as designated by the blue floor stickers. Be considerate of other visitors who may be making their way around at a different pace. Should you need to overtake somebody, please try to respect social distancing guidelines as much you possibly can.
- There is a toilet available for use in the museum.